Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Skiing in the Andes

I wasn't going to bother going skiing here as I'll probably be going when I get back anyway, but how many times are you going to get to go skiing in the Andes?

It's been a couple of years since I last went skiing and that was the first time I'd ever strapped on a pair of skis. So I decided to do a few practice runs down the nursery slopes to see if I could still remember how to snow plough.



All proceeded well so it was time to head up the mountain to try some of the green runs.



All was proceeding well down the run, I was even starting to think - this is a bit slow, maybe I should try a blue run, when my wish was granted abruptly our nice easy green run disappeared and was replaced by a hard blue. It was carnage, children screaming, women crying, grown men taking their skis off and walking down. Terrible...

Despite this, a splendid day. I am now exhausted.

No comments: