Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Rafting!

So I am now stuck in La Ceiba, trying to decide if I should stick it out here until Friday when there is a trip going out to the Mosquitia region or if I should head off to somewhere a bit more pleasant.

Luckily I've managed to kill a day or so by going white water rafting up in the jungle. Not entirely sure how I ended up on the trip, I was just getting out of bed and hunting for some breakfast when someone came up to me and said "Aren't you supposed to be coming rafting? We're waiting for you..."

So it was pack some stuff real quick and jump on a bus for the jungle lodge.



The river is pretty fast with grades of rapids from 1 up to 4.



Not a great deal to report on the rafting. We went up to a class 4. The boat only capsized once - which we somehow managed to do on a class 2 rapid.



The jungle lodge was fairly quiet but there were a couple of parrakeets to keep us entertained along with a baby anteater (sorry no photos) that one of the barmen was trying raise.



Nice views over dinner and breakfast the next morning.

No comments: